Take a break from your sun lounger and swap your flip flops for walking shoes. You’ll soon find out there’s plenty to do in Mauritius beside work on your tan! Watersports enthusiasts will find an endless number of activities available from stand up paddle boarding and kayaking to windsurfing.
Searching for that rush of adrenaline? Get your heart pumping as you quad bike in the Frederica Nature Reserve, zip line through the treetops or dive into the waters surrounding the island. And if that isn’t enough, you can try an underwater walk and go on glass bottomed boat rides!
These are our cannot-be-missed activities in Mauritius….
- Snorkelling alongside frolicking dolphins – arrange for an early-morning excursion and avoid the tourist crowds
- Descend beneath the Indian Ocean in a mini-submarine where you’ll see turtles swimming and shipwrecks on the ocean floor
- Saddle-up and go horse riding along the beach or for the more adventurous, swim with horses!
- Sail off towards the horizon with a sunset catamaran cruise – we recommend splashing out for a champagne cruise
- Take to the skies and see Mauritius in all its glory from the air with a helicopter tour over the island
Where to Stay: Paradis Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa will keep you active with complimentary watersports, mountain bikes for hire as well a diving programme
Find Out More
Mauritius Travel Guide: an introduction
Beaches: our top picks
Nature & Wildlife: from waterfalls to giant tortoises
Heritage & Culture: a social melting pot
Cuisine: what to eat and drink
The post Mauritius Travel Guide: Best of Adventure & Watersports appeared first on The Edit.