We obviously hear much about touch and taste when it comes to sexual turn-ons. We’re encouraged to eat strawberries and indulge in sensual massage. Yet, we have other senses that play an important role as well.
Now, we here at Brides know how to spritz a lavender oil blend on our sheets for relaxation, but we aren’t the experts on essential oils. So, we enlisted the help of a true pro, Aba Gyepi-Garbrah, Founder of Aba Love Apothecary.
“Essential oils in the right pairings have the ability to shift our focus, captivate our senses and coax our minds to creative heights,” Gyepi-Garbrah says. “When we get into aphrodisiacs, what we are really looking to do is to tune into our bodies and engage in the subtleties of the mind-body connection – true presence. When shared and experienced in the presence of a beloved, this is magical, to say the least!”
Man, is it hot in here or is that just us? Gyepi-Garbrah whipped us up some seriously sexy blends to help get you going. Prepare to be dazzled and amazed.
Here are some amazing essential oil blends that will really up the ante on your sex life. You can find all of these ingredients at your local health food store, apothecary, or even on Amazon.
How to use essential oils for sex
Aba Love Apothecary
There are three main ways you can choose to use your essential oil blends: In your essential oil diffuser, as a massage oil or body oil, or in an aromatherapy roller, which can be utilized as a perfume on date night (or anytime, really).
In a Diffuser
Place 5-10 drops in diffuser for a sensual aromatic aroma. “It should just give the air you breathe a sensual lift,” Gyepi-Garbrah tells us. Start with 5 drops and see how it works for you. You can always add more for a more powerful aroma.
Massage or Body Oil
Place 20 drops total per ounce of oil in a container. Gyepi-Garbrah tells us organic fractionated coconut oil or organic jojoba oils are ideal for body oil as the have “stable shelf life and virtually odorless.” You can apply your homemade oil all over your body, “but don’t forget the bottom of the feet – this is a direct entryway for essential oils to be carried into the bloodstream.” See, you always thought the eyes were the window to the soul, but it’s the feet. Go figure.
An aromatherapy roller allows you to make your very own original perfume. Put 10-15 drops total for 10ml in an aromatherapy roller. You can find some right here.
For application, Gyepi-Garbrah suggests behind ears, back of the neck, chest, wrists, below navel, between the thighs, and behind knees. Of course, you can put it wherever you’d like.
You want to use your organic fractionated coconut oil or organic jojoba oil as the base for body oils and rollers. You then add in your drops of essential oils to create your magical, sexy scents.
See more: 7 Workouts That Will Boost Your Sex Life
Original essential oil blends you can make at home
Calm, Ground & Connect (stress relief)
1. Lavender, Kashmir (Lavandula Angustifolia): Warm floral-spice (richer version of French Lavender). This calms anxiety and nerves.
2. Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea): Herbaceous and tea-like. This oil is mood balancing and an aphrodisiac. It also helps eases restlessness.
3. Vetiver (Vetiveria zizanioides): Earthy, mineral–kind of watery. This oil helps with grounding and slows down a hyperactive mind.
Aba Love Apothecary
Woody Floral Aphrodisiac (boost libido)
1. Pink Pepper (Schinus molle): Fresh, dry, woody and effervescent. Pink pepper invites spontaneity, just the thing you need for a sexy night.
2. Jasmine (Jasminum grandiflorum): Rich floral, narcotic. This eases emotional blocks and inhibition while encouraging sensuality.
3. Sandalwood (Royal Hawaiian) (Santalum paniculatum): Full bodied, rich, earthy. This oil encourages speaking from the heart and opening your heart center.
Aba Love Apothecary
Dark Citrus Aphrodisiac (boost libido)
1. Lime (Citrus aurantifolia): Zesty, juicy, and sweet. Lime uplifts the spirit. It is highly energizing.
2. Patchouli, Dark (Pogostemon cablin): Rich, spicy, earthy sweet. Patchouli relieves stress and acts as a natural aphrodisiac.
3. Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata): Heavy floral. This magical oil is heart-opening, warming to the entire body and encourages receiving of love and erotic energies.
*Editor’s note: some essential oils may be harmful during pregnancy and nursing. Check with your doctor before using any of these blends.